MEMORY DAYS 2021
"All Roads Lead Back to Grayson"
Thursday May 27th - Sunday May 30th
Schedule Subject to change
Thursday May 27th:
Friday May 28th:
- Window Display Judging at 1:30 PM, Wilson-Stinson Homemaker's Club. Register, call 474-4401
- OPENING CEREMONIES at 6:00 PM, Main Stage, Main Street, Welcoming Address, Awards, National Anthem, JROTC Salute and ribbon cutting.
- FAMILY FUN NIGHT with Rock Climbing Wall from 6:30 PM to 10:00 PM Behind Horton & Brown Pharmacy on Main Street, price is $5.00. Free Children's Inflatables from 6:30 PM to 9:00 PM (Location TBD). Oak Grove Church of Christ will be providing one FREE Snowie per child.
- MAIN STAGE ON MAIN STREET PERFORMANCES: Dance with Hope Studio at 6:30 PM, Center Stage Studio at 7:00 PM, Cosmic Cheer with Amy Damron at 7:30 PM, Cats Gym with Kelly Littleton at 8:00 PM.
- MUSIC ON MAIN STREET: Elijah Boggs at 8:30 PM
- FOOD VENDORS on Pomeroy Street and Commercial Bank Parking Lot.
- GRAYSON FIRE DEPARTMENT BBQ Grayson Volunteer Fire Department BBQ & Catfish Fry from 4:00 PM until food runs out, $14.00 for Adults, $9.00 Veterans & Seniors, Kids 10 and under FREE. Fire Station 3rd Street.
- RETAIL & ARTS VENDORS open 4:00 PM to 8:00 PM on Pomeroy Street and Commercial Bank Parking Lot. PrimaryPlus offering FREE COVID-19 Vaccines.
- ECHS GRADUATION PARADE Class of 2021 Graduation Parade at 5:00 PM, Main street.
- ICE CREAM SOCIAL FREE Ice Cream while supply lasts at Bayless Presbyterian Church beginning at 5:00 PM, 2nd Street on church lawn.
- NEW!! MEET CELEBRITY TV CHEF JASON SMITH Jason will be on hand for autographs from 5:00 PM to 7:00 PM in the Vendor's Tent Area.
- CELEBRATE THE EARTH ART SHOW Grayson Gallery & Art Center celebrating their 10 year anniversary with Art Show & Sale from 6:00 PM to 9:00 PM
- MUSIC ON MAIN STREET: Acousticats at 6:15 PM, Carrier at 7:20 PM, City Heat at 8:30 PM
Saturday May 29th:
- NEW! HELICOPTER RIDES, $35.00 each. Carol Malone Blvd and Academic Parkway in front of KCU.
- MEMORY DAYS 5K RUN and WALK from 7:00 AM to 9:00 AM, Run starts at 8:00 AM at The Commercial Bank Parking Lot and benefits Relay for Life. Contact 606-255-0111 to register.
- KIWANIS MOTOCYCLE SHOW from 9:00 AM to 11:00 AM, Judging at 10:00 AM. Old Ralph's parking lot, $20 entry fee for participants which includes a T-Shirt. To register call 606-207-6774, 606-255-6359, or 606-255-0297 to ensure proper T-Shirt size, Additional T-Shirts are $15.00. Funds go towards a wheelchair accessible swing at new park.
- RETAIL AND ARTS VENDORS OPEN! open 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM on corner of Carol Malone and Main Street, Food Vendors on Pomeroy Street and Commercial Bank Parking Lot.
- MEMORY DAYS CAR SHOW from 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM at Prichard Elementary Parking Lot, $10 entry fee for participants. Contact Carter County Cruisers to register at 606-286-7327.
- 20th ANNUAL DOG JOG at 10:00 AM on the corner of Hord & Main Street, $15.00 entry fee for participants and includes a T-Shirt. Contact All Creatures Veterinary Care at 606-474-5146 to register.
- FREE CHILDREN'S TRAIN RIDES from 10:00 AM to 2:00 PM at First Church parking lot corner of Pomeroy and 2nd Street.
- INFLATION STATION at 10:00 AM until dark, location TBD, $5.00 all day wrist band, Extreme rides $5.00 each.
- GRAYSON LIBRARY BOOK SALE by the Friends of the Library, 11:00 AM to 4:00 PM at the Grayson branch, 116 W Main Street.
- NEW! Grayson Sports Park presents GRAYSON BASEBALL CLUB TOURNAMENT from 10:00 AM to 2:00 PM at the NEW Grayson Sports Park, Robert & Mary Avenue.
- CELEBRATE THE EARTH ART SHOW at Grayson Gallery & Art Center celebrating its 10 year anniversary with an Art Show & Sale from 10:00 AM to 2:00 PM.
- PARADE LINE-UP begins at Noon at the Old Estep's, US 60 West of Downtown. To register for the Parade call 606-474-4401 or visit The Grayson Area Chamber of Commerce Facebook page.
- 50TH ANNUAL MEMORY DAYS PARADE AT 1:00 pm, US 60 & Main Street, "ALL ROADS LEAD BACK TO GRAYSON", Sponsored by The Grayson Area Chamber of Commerce, Emcee Jill York & Mike Nelson
- NEW! MUSIC AT THE CITY BUILDING: Evergreen at 3:00 PM
- TREE SCULPTURE DEDICATION at 3:30 PM by Woodcarver Larry Porter at the City Building.
- MUSIC ON MAIN STREET: The Vindicated at 5:00 PM, Bad Decision at 6:15 PM, Shelby Lore at 7:30 PM, Dustin Burchett at 8:30 PM.
Sunday May 30th:
- NEW! Grayson Sports Park presents GRAYSON BASEBALL CLUB TOURNAMENT at the NEW Grayson Sports Park, Robert & Mary Avenue.
- BLUEGRASS MUSIC ON MAIN STREET: Presented by RudyFest & WGOH In memory of Mike Phillips NEW! Bluegrass Night with Emcee Bo McCarty. Set 1: HAMMERTOWNE at 4:00 PM, Junior Sisk Band at 5:00 PM, Turning Ground at 6:00 PM. Set 2: HAMMERTOWNE at 7:00 PM, Junior Sisk Band at 8:00 PM & Turning Ground at 9:00 PM
It's a great time to join the Grayson Area Chamber of Commerce!
With membership in the Grayson Area Chamber of Commerce, you gain a network of business owners that work together to promote business growth, professional skills and opportunities for their businesses and our community.
Networking opportunities and new business contacts to help your business grow.
Credibility to make the statement that you are committed to the future of Grayson and Carter County.
Advocacy resources to keep you up to date on government policies that affect your business
Learning and professional development that can help you run a smarter, more profitable business.
Community involvement, leadership and pride as your business partners to help run community events.
Marketing opportunities and promotions through GACC member promotions to deliver a return on your investment in the Chamber.
Publicity and exposure. Chamber members have more publicity and heightened name recognition so customers know who they are.
Referrals. When consumers ask, the Chamber promotes and recommends members to fulfill their goods or service requests.
Support of Local economy. The Chamber works to create a strong local economy with "Shop Local" initiatives to keep consumer dollars at work here in our communities.
Economic development. The Chamber partners with state and local government and other agencies to help bring economic development to Carter County.
Call us at 606-474-4401 or email Grayson Chamber of Commerce to request a Membership Registration Packet
We can't wait to have you on the Grayson Area Chamber of Commerce Team! Join today!
JOB FAIR/HIRING EVENT
Saturday, May 15 at KCU
The Grayson Area Chamber of Commerce in partnership with Kentucky Christian University will host a Job Fair/Hiring Event on Saturday May 15th from 10 AM to 2 PM on the campus of KCU. Chamber members who are interested in participating need to call 606-474-4401 by May 12th. Job hunters bring several resumes with you! FREE TO EVERYONE!
Order your Memory Days T-Shirt beginning Monday May 10th